Saturday, February 12, 2011

inside out fabric

I'm up to 17 followers!! And I haven't even offered you guys anything free! Maybe one day....

So another wee dress done. I'm not as happy with this one as I made it up out of my head and it isn't as poofy as I thought it would be. (Note to self: sometimes math helps when figuring out the width of tiers of fabrics to make them poofy..... OR looking at other patterns for guidance instead of winging it!)

My mother-in-law gave me this fabric from her stash and it's a little thin. So I figured I'd just make the whole dress lined and instead it turned into a reversible dress. Unfortunately, the side I like better (which was supposed to be the wrong side) I accidently sewed one piece in backwards so the wrong side is facing out. ARGH. This one is also going to Penny's girl.

Oh- and it was hard to take pictures of the dress because it was so floppy, so sorry these aren't the greatest. The backgrounds are the floor upstairs (which we are carpeting eventually) and the wall in the spare room (which is now serving as a materials room).



2 comments:

Penelope said...

Aww! It's so cute :)

Shelley said...

I think so too:)