Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Moxie's Sweet Potato Fries Dip

I love the dip that Moxie's has with their sweet potato fries. I knew it was mayo based, and tried using just mayo but it didn't have the extra little kick. Well I did some searching, and my skills must be getting better, because I found a recipe that is almost like it!!! Apparently it's a curry dip. Who knew.





Found the recipe here if you want a look see.

Garlic Curry Aioli
1/4 cup mayo
2 small (or 1 large) garlic clove, mashed to a paste with salt, or use garlic powder
Juice from 1/2 lemon
Dash of black pepper
1 tsp curry power, or more to taste
1 dash cayenne pepper (I used chili powder)
Sea salt to taste (I used regular salt)

AMAZING. Aaron even liked it and he doesn't normally enjoy sweet potatoes. I might make more fries tonight. Although my numbers on the scale are going up again....

Oh- and sorry no pictures. I have determined that any pictures I take of food look gross and will not convince anyone to make said food. Besides- I wanna eat it. Now.

2 comments:

Gab said...

wow that sounds delicious. I had honey dill dipping sauce with yam fries the other day, and the sweet and salty mix was amazing. But this I want to try, and the recipe has ingredients I already have at home, so that's a bonus! Thanks for posting. :)
Don't look too much at the numbers on the scale. Yam fries are highly nutritious, and mayo? well, everything in moderation. :)

Angelina Lynn said...

unfortunately the way I was eating the dip was NOT in moderation:P:P and btw I thought of you when I posted this- hope you like it!