Monday, February 28, 2011

rain boots

We had a thunder storm last night. Today everything is wet. I need rain boots. Apparently I'm the only one because the only pair I found (that I like) are a houndstooth pair at target. Twenty five dollars is still too high. (Oh the joys of marriage.)

So our muffler fell off the truck last week and then Aaron was working in a different town and it fell off again on the highway. So he had to get off at the next exit and do some stuff and ended up running down the freeway to get it. (I'm not sure exactly what happened at this point because I think I was busy planning a sewing project in my head.) So after driving with no muffler for a bit he decides that today is the day he needs to fix it. He drags a piece of plywood out into the street under the truck and is laying there tightening something to fasten the muffler on (the same something he forgot to tighten the first time!) when he hears a noise. A snowplow is coming towards him. He curls into a little ball facing the curb and the wet sloppy snow saturates his entire backside. He relaxes. Then tenses. Usually the snowplows plow in groups of two. Sure enough another one is coming. He throws himself out from under the truck and narrowly avoids being hit.

At least he came into the house laughing.

This is why I need rain boots.

3 comments:

Lilleahbeah said...

Oh man, that is a narrow escape! I need rain boots too. However, "need" is probably not the right word since cute rubber boots rank pretty low on the priority list right now. And even if $25 unclaimed dollars show up, I probably won't see the inside of a Target until this summer. Sigh, I guess this is why I keep my old running shoes for mudding around in the yard. :p If we had everything we wanted when we wanted it, we probably wouldn't appreciate it! Maybe the next time I see you we will have acquired said boots and will gush over how much we appreciate them. :)

But I'm not really one to talk about true appreciation on the same level as you, since you're the one without a kitchen. I could gush about the luxuries of a dishwasher though.

Angelina Lynn said...

That's the thing- I need rubber boots and want them to be cute. I'll wait and see if they go on sale end of season (only problem is when it is soggy 3/4 of the year that end of season doesn't come). I do have the sweetest pair of hiking shoes that are waterproof that I wear ALL THE TIME. They just don't wear well to meeting.....

OHHHHHHHHH the day when I get a dishwasher..........

Unknown said...

That's hilarious. I can totally picture this!!