Saturday, March 12, 2011

dresses, limes and summer

My mother-in-law gave me a stack of fabric that she wasn't using and one of the pieces was orange with limes and little red hearts. How perfect is that for a lovable mexican baby?!

It's also a Butterick B5107 size newborn but I changed some stuff up. (Note: this is NOT a newborn size.) It has only one tier for the skirt, I added a contrast strip below the bodice and I changed the back closure so I didn't need any notions. Unfortunately I didn't really think the whole "how is the lining going to attach to itself" and created a problem that made the dress take forever to make because I left it draped over the sewing machine and tried not to think about it. Anyway it's done and if I do say so myself it doesn't look all that bad unless you get real close! So please stay approximately 2' away from your computer while looking at these photos. Thanks.




(I go outside to look for something to take pictures of the dress on and realize there's this perfect and completely random hook in the side of the garage. Also a wind chime?? Never noticed that before!)

1 comment:

Kammy's Korner said...

I wish Tori was your niece! haha. That is super duper cute!