Tuesday, April 26, 2011

ceiling texture

I've been slacking. Much has happened around our humble abode and I haven't felt like blogging about it. It's gotten bad enough that one of my sisters said I had to post pictures as skype was blurry. (Yes I wander around my house with the laptop pointing it at various and sundry projects.)

Anyway. I figured I'd start with a before and after of our ceilings. Kinda boring. Unless you've had to stare at a bad drywall/old plaster job for a couple of months. The light would hit the ceiling and you'd see waves. Big waves. Like think crashing ocean waves. Aaron has told me that if he ever thinks he should tackle a drywall finishing job again that I need to stop him. at. all. cost. It is awful junk. So we bit the bullet and rented a texture sprayer thingy. Yes, that's the technical term. It involved spraying and then smoothing it out. Here are the before and after with the before taken about 6' away from the ceiling and the after about 1'. Oh- and the after has been primed and painted. (The before was painted too but I don't really want to talk about all that work.)



It looks pretty simple eh?! NOT! This is what had to happen to the house to do this: (1. standing in the living room looking into the dining room. 2. the den. 3. the kitchen. 4. looooove.)





This is why we ate out a bunch. We didn't really even have a place to eat pb&j's:P

No comments: