Wednesday, May 11, 2011

homemade skirt for ME!

I had a mid calf length white skirt with gold beads along the waistband that I had bought on sale at superstore a loooong while ago. Yes, beads. I decided the beads had to go as I'm not really a bead kinda person ya know?! It took me hours to take them all off and they had stained the white fabric black wherever the beads had touched the fabric. So time to remake the skirt. I had a pattern that I wanted to try out so I took apart the skirt and saved the zipper and hook thingy and recut it. TADA! And then the cut out pieces sat on our bedroom chair for about a month as my sewing things are in disarray. Like massive disarray. Yesterday I figured it was time to bring orderliness to the sewing stuff so I organized while listening to an audio book of grace livingston hill (lame, I know). Then I went to work sewing the pieces together. WOOT a new skirt!!!!! (I also had to tear apart all my newly organized stuff looking for things like a very specific piece of interfacing that I couldn't remember where I had put. So now I need to reorganize everything. Poor Aaron. He comes home and the living room is covered from head to toe in sewing junk!)

Also. I did NOT miss my calling as a model (or a hairdresser). BAHAHAHA:P


This is made from a Simplicity 2451 view D which I tossed the pockets, added some length and adjusted the waist larger in order for the skirt to sit lower. There's some things I'd change but it went together pretty well. AND my first zipper! It pulls a little bit to one side but I don't care enough to fix it for THE MILLIONTH TIME.

7 comments:

candace said...

i miss you :)

krista said...

i can second the model comment. as she looks whimsically constipated off into the distance.

krista said...

but the skirt is very lovely:) and slimming:)

Angelina Lynn said...

BAHAHAHA!!!! constipated:P:P:P hehe:P:P

Angelina Lynn said...

(I thought my head wasn't in the picture:P So I don't know what I was grinning at!)

Anonymous said...

Good going Angelina. I hate sleeves worse than zippers! Now I'm too lazy to sew. i should pass on some material to you when you come back this summer.

Peaceful Meadow said...

Grace Livingston Hill would be good company while sewing, her heroines are always making something it seems