Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Banoffee Pie

I've had some requests for this recipe. This isn't the official way to do it but it's how a lovely wee scottish lady made it for me. The original recipe calls for a vanilla crust- pshaw- everything's better with chocolate!

Banoffee Pie


First off you gotta make the dulce de leche. I'll tell you the way I do it and if it scares you google other ways to do it that might be- safer!

1 can of sweetened condensed milk, sill in the can, with the label removed, submerged in water in the crockpot on low for 10 hours. I usually put in 3 at a time and leave it over night. The dulce de leche keeps for a long time in the fridge.


1 store bought chocolate oreo pie crust. You could make it- just every time I try making it, it um flops. So I cheat.


Slice 1-2 bananas over the bottom of the crust.


Spread the dulce de leche over the bananas.


Whip up 1/2 pint of whipping cream and spread over the dulce de leche. Then decorate with something to cover up the nasty spoon marks left on the whipping cream:) I used toffee bits.

Ta da!! Most amazing desert EVER!

3 comments:

Kylie said...

So badly want to try, scared to make dulce de lech though...

Kylie said...

Ok, never mind, your way is MUCH less scary than the google results.

MJK said...

Banoffee Pie is my absolute favourite :)